Zoo Negara Malaysia is managed by the Malaysian Zoological Society, a non-governmental organization established to create the first local zoo for Malaysians. Zoo Negara was officially opened on 14th November 1963 and has matured into a well-known zoo all around the world. We have a total of over 5137 specimen from 476 species of mammals, birds, reptiles, amphibians and fish.
Zoo Negara covers 110 acres of land which is situated only 5km from the city of Kuala Lumpur. Over the years, the zoo has transformed itself to an open concept zoo with over 90% of its animals being kept in spacious exhibits with landscape befitting its nature. We are working in making sure that the old zoo concept is changed entirely.
Zoo Negara, Hulu Kelang, 68000 Ampang, Selangor Darul Ehsan
By Light Rail Transit System (LRT) :
– Alight at Wangsa Maju Station, Kelana Jaya Line
– Board a taxi to Zoo Negara
By Bus :
– Metrobus number 16 from Central Market, KL
– Rapid KL number U34 from Putra LRT Station, Wangsamaju, KL
– Rapid KL number U23 from Titiwangsa Station, KL
The zoo is opened daily from 9am to 5pm.
The entrance fee :
RM85 for adults
RM43 for children under the age of 12
(MyKad holders pay RM54, kids with MyKad pay RM22).
* Inclusive of Giant Panda Conservation Centre.