Batik painting in the heart of KL. Meet at Jalan Inai, Imbi, Kuala Lumpur.
First, we will explain the batik making process with some batik demonstration. Our team will then guide you to sketch your own design, draw hot wax with a traditional tool and paint dye on the fabric to create your original batik masterpiece.
Take back the batik on the same day after it is dry
If you need us to fix the color with compliment, it will take one day.
Tour itinerary are subject to change without any prior notice, any leaving tour without notice will be liable to additional charges
Itinerary & shopping stop is subject to guide arrangement/traffic
You will join a batik workshop to see some batik demonstration, learn and understand the history of batik, how canting is done. A tjanting (also known as Batik canting knife pen) is then used to draw designs onto the material, which is usually either cotton or silk.
Afterward, the instructor will guide you to sketch your design, Some popular designs include flowers (especially the hibiscus), butterflies and cute animals (cats, birds, rabbits). After the designs are drawn and the wax is dry, the material is painted using brushes.
You can adjust how dark or light you want the color to be. For an intense effect, use more layers of the same color. For a translucent effect, add a drop or two of water to the material before painting. After your painting dries, the wax is washed off to reveal your artwork. After a final drying, your batik masterpiece is ready. You will take back the batik on the same day after it is dry.
What would you get:
▪ Material & tools supplied
▪ Cotton Handkerchief (30 x 40 cm)
▪ All equipment and materials are supplied. Just bring yourself and your creativity! Each guest must arrange their own transportation to and from the shop. We are centrally located with excellent public transport links close by.
▪ Expect a casual day, we will be using artist textile dyes, inks and wax, so please dress accordingly. Aprons will be provided.
▪ Minimum age is 5 years. Adult pricing applies to all travellers. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
Where we will meet
▪ Jalan Inai, Imbi, Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia